Tuesday 16 June 2015

Randle Lane's Alice McCall Sample Sale + Review

This time we headed to the Alice McCall Sample Sale. It was a last minute decision that made me rethink what really is a sample sale. Safety pins and all. I'll say it all soon, visuals first!

Dragged Sheila along for the ride. On point outfit as usual. Check out the full deets of her outfit on our instagram @8ateam


Even though they aren't the best choice of curtains, at least they had them unlike all the other sample sales I've been to.
Alright so, down to the real business. I don't think I'll go back again.  I will say this first, prior to going there I have only seen Alice McCall styles online and in magazines and so forth. I don't own any Alice McCall pieces so I don't know the quality of non-sample products. What I say is solely based on my personal experience in the sample sale. So we went in there for I'd probably say about 10 - 15 minutes and we were gone. Everything was pretty much $50 + and all the items I found decent were generally at $70 +.
Everything was $100 & under. Well most of the things I spotted were either $100 or $70. 
Some of the clothes were unfinished with safety pins on them or even stapled. I understand its a sample sale but I just couldn't help but compare it to the other ones I've been to, none of the items were ever left like that. Maybe it could've been the style of the piece but it wasn't appealing to us at all neither was some of the quality of some of the items. From what I saw online I always found Alice McCall pieces cute and quirky some of the items really illustrated that but the quality of the material and fabrics weren't as great as I expected. In regards to location, it was a great 2 minute walk from Central Station, honestly a perfect and easy spot to travel to unlike the General Pants Sample Sale. We went on 11 June and got there 3pm half way through the beginning of the sale. It was the first day so yeah it was crowded for the small space it was situated in. We walked out with nothing but nonetheless it was a worthy experience that showed me the vast differences between Sample Sales and the styles Alice McCall had to offer.

Event Details
Location: 7 Randle Lane, Surry Hills (2 minute walk from Central Station)
Date & Times: Thursday 11 June: 8am - 8pm - Friday 12 June: 8am - 5pm.
 

 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The deets

Red Henley Long Sleeve- Superdry
Leather Jacket - Glamour Kills
Check Flannel - American Apparel
High Waisted Jeans - Your Eyes Lie
Trench Boots - Unif
Denim Backpack Boots - Unif

Till next time x

Check out our Lookbook.nu/8ateam for more outfits.
Daily Updates on our Instagram @8ateam
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Share on Tumblr
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!
8ateam

-Ash & Eri